Sunday, June 17, 2007

May 29, 2007

Man is it hot. For the past few days we've had 80+ degree temperatures with little breeze and absolutely no rain.

Over Memorial Day weekend we contributed to the $139.8 million that Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End took in. It was a really good movie. Pirate movies are really good in the theater what with all the action and swashbuckling and Arrrrr! Very few people stayed all the way through the credits to see the easter egg scene at the end. I wondered if they'd seen the ending scenes in the previous two movies. Eh. Their loss.

We also scoped out a nearby park. It was blazingly hot but a nice walk since it seemed to be one of the few places around here that's actually pretty level. Halfway back to the car I realized I was supposed to be at a rehearsal (honestly, who schedules a rehearsal for a holiday afternoon?!). But luckily, I remembered it just in time and we ended up being at rehearsal 30 minutes before I needed to be on stage. The rehearsal is the Academy's choir concert this Friday. I'm playing in a quartet, which is accompanying the singers for Vivaldi's Beatus Vir. I have no idea what Beatus Vir means, but the piece is pretty easy and very Vivaldi-sque. I like Vivaldi. He's very Baroque, and the earlier the music is (history-wise) the more I like it!

Above is a photo of our very little baby tomato. Isn't it cute! I can't wait for it to grow up all big and strong. And, JUICY! I think I'll have it on a BELT...or maybe a BELT with cheese. (That's bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato!). Nummy!

No comments: