Oh. I forgot to mention in my last post, though most of the folks who read this already know, I am now the full-time permanent secretary for the Nursing Department at FTCC. YAY! I officially start on Monday, June 2. So I have four more days of coming home at 2pm, which I will miss a lot.
That's my staff parking sticker. Hehe.
Yesterday I was finally able to get a picture of a robin at the bird bath. Other birds don't seem to mind me standing there taking pictures of them while they bathe, but the robins have been very jumpy.
And, here's a random picture of the boy. He was explaining something about the camera to me and I snapped him. Hehe.
He got the bandaid on his thumb by gallantly helping the repair man repair our washing machine. We went to wash clothes several Saturdays ago only to discover that the spin cycle didn't spin. So we called out a Sears repair man who came on the following Friday. He assessed the problem -- motor wasn't working. He ordered a part, which came the next week and then he came the following Friday. He put in the new motor, but nothing happened. Turns out the warehouse people put the wrong motor in the right box. So he had to re-order the motor, which came on the following Monday but he couldn't come back until the following Friday -- the day Mom and Aunt Gloria came up for the race. Needless to say we had piles and piles of clothes around the house that we couldn't wash. We did a few loads at the complex's laundry room, but at $1.25 per load to wash, we didn't do many. Anyway, Jamie split open both of his thumbs on something sharp in the motor when he helped the repair man slide a belt on. His thumbs are fine now. Thankfully the repairman didn't charge us extra (we got a service agreement from Sears for $215 that covers repairs up to $500 and our repairs/labor were going to be a bit more than $500).
There was so much stuff going on before the last post that I forgot to mention half of it! Hehe. I think that's everything that's happened since our anniversary.
Miraculously, we both have Monday off. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by then, and we can go to Reynolda Gardens and a movie. Last night was rough for me while Jamie was at work. I developed a cough because of all the draining icky stuff, and all the snot gave me a really upset tummy. I'm much better today compared to last night, but still have no voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment