Speaking of Mom: I got to spend Mother's Day with my mommie for the first time in several years. I bought her a pretty yellow orchid corsage to wear to church, and I went with her to church! Afterward, Jamie and I took her out to eat. I'm going to treat her to a movie (Robin Hood...
Jamie had chemo on Monday. His platelet count went from 84 two weeks ago to 130 this past Friday. Hopefully we can stay on schedule for the next 4 treatments, even though he does feel really bad. The fatigue and general blerg feeling are only getting worse, but that is to be expected. The doctor might stop the chemo drug that cause the uncomfortable tingling in his fingers and toes before the 12 treatments are up. Most people aren't able to get the full 12 treatments of that particular drug because of the side effects.
This past semester I taught my first college course. It was soooo cool! Though, I don't really feel that it's fair to call me a "teacher" or an "instructor". The course is online and was already set up, for the most part, before I took over. I have added some assignments and deleted ones that I didn't like. Hopefully, I'll get to teach the course for a while. It's a really good side gig. Summer semester starts up on Tuesday. I hope everybody does well in my class!
My violin isn't being too neglected (though I'm not practicing nearly as much as I should). I've played two weddings recently and I have a concert with the new orchestra at the end of the month. I really need to practice for that concert! I've been "promoted" to 2nd stand in the 2nd violin section. I need to sound like I know what I'm doing.
Oh! Right. My biggest accomplishment lately has been all the jewelry I've been making. Mom says I should be taking pictures of everything I make, but I keep forgetting. I've made over 100 individual pieces and sold quite a few of them. Most of the ladies at work are sporting handmade, one-of-a-kind necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Several of my pieces have been given as gifts. Everybody who gives one of my designs as a gift always tells me how much the receiver liked the piece. And, everybody who buys something usually always stops by my office to show me their jewelry when they wear it. I love making jewelry! I really do need to post some pictures sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment