Saturday, October 23, 2010

Food, glorious food

Feeding Jamie since his surgery back in December was a bit tricky. He has only a certain variety of foods he likes to eat. Because of his initial surgery, he had some food restrictions -- no peanuts, corn, beans, seeds, gummy things, or anything that comes out looking very much like it went in. Foods like that could cause a blockage in his newly reworked digestive system.

Now that everything is hooked up again, he is off the food restrictions. We're still getting used to the fact that he can have some of his favorite foods again. Last night I picked up lots of his favorite treats -- popcorn, trail mix with peanuts and cashews, honey roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, and dried pineapple.

Today I fixed him my awesome chicken noodle soup with corn and black beans, and there is currently a crock pot full of 4-bean chili slowly cooking for tomorrow.

Hopefully, we can do more eating at home now that he can have a little more variety to his diet. YAY! I like to cook!

No comments: