Monday, April 21, 2008

April 3, 2008 (Yes, two posts in two days!)

Why we love Costco:

5 shoulder steaks = $15.10

2 chuck roasts = $12.59

5.15 lbs lean hamburger = $12.82

15 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts = $15.39

Total spent on meat = $55.90

Each of the chicken breasts and shoulder steaks will feed both of us for one meal. I figure we can get two meals each out of both of the chuck roasts. I cooked the hamburger this afternoon and separated it out into 6 quart sized bags for freezing. Each of those will feed both of us for one meal.

That's meat for roughly 50 meals between the two of us (or 25 days worth of meals) for about $1.11 for meat each meal. If you can afford to spend $50 on meat in one trip, it's well worth the savings in the end. The last time we bought a pot roast at the grocery store we paid nearly $10 for just one. Pretty good deal to get a second for only $2 more, and they were both very nicely sized.

We probably won't have to buy meat for at least another month and a half since I don't cook a full meal on the nights that Jamie works. Pretty sweet!

Oh, we also bought a roast chicken (like always) to nibble on. Costco's roast chicken is SO GOOD! We ate some of it yesterday with white rice and Mr. Yoshida's Teryaki sauce. Mmmmmmm. Tasty.

Website update: I added descriptions to the Jewelry page of Stylishly Crafty. The page looked so empty with just photos. I added an update to the Story of Us too.

No comments: