My grandparents came for a visit this weekend! I like having folks over to entertain. They didn't want to do much while they were here, just hang out at our house for a few days without having to worry about a yard or a doctor's appointment. Mema did water my flowers though. They got in just a little before I got off work on Friday and left around 11am on Sunday. Mema and I did a bit of shopping (Hamricks for clothes and AC Moore for decorations) on Friday and Saturday evening after I dropped Jamie off at work, and Friday after we got back from shopping we played games. I love games! On Saturday they took us out to eat. It was a sweet little visit, but didn't last long enough!
Mom went away for the weekend too, but she didn't come see us. She went to our Aunt Gloria's sister's house and they played card games all weekend. Mom, Aunt Gloria, and I play cards when they come up to Winston. I love cards!
Mom will be starting chemotherapy sometime in the next few months, unfortunately not as soon as she'd like. She went for a CT scan last week that required the injection of some dye with a really big needle. Two nurses (including a Chemo nurse who is used to working with big needles) had a very hard time finding a vein to accept the needle for the dye. So, Mom will have to have a port in her chest for her chemo, which will require another appointment at the surgicenter to be put to sleep. She won't be able to start the chemo until after the port site has healed up completely. The good thing about a port is that medicine can be delivered there and blood can be drawn from there -- she won't have to get stuck every time she goes for treatment.
I bought two yellow mums to replace our dahlias that died. They're kinda small at the moment, not picture worthy yet, and one of them has been almost completely eaten by a squirrel. Mema suggested I put cayenne pepper on it and that seems to have kept the squirrel from doing any more damage. Right before we left to go out to lunch on Saturday we saw the little booger on the porch and shoo'ed him away. He went as far as the tree in the front yard. As we were driving past the house, I watched him sneak back onto the porch. He did MAJOR damage to the plant in the hour that we were at lunch. MEH!
If you want to see a really cute baby, go to theharrisonhome.blogspot.com. That is the blog of my best childhood friend, Angie. She had a precious little baby boy on July 15. Go marvel at his CUTENESS!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment