My dearest mama came to see us! She stayed with us for 10 whole days. We had lots of fun, though we really didn't do much but loaf around house for most of the time. We did go to the zoo last Monday. I think Jamie might be zoo'ed out for the year, so we might not go back until sometime next year. The weather was pleasant and the crowds were sparse. As far as I can remember, we saw every animal, even though some of them were in the far reaches of their habitats. We shopped. We ate. We played games. It was a fun week!
Mema sent tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, and string beans from her own garden. Mom brought Bum's bbq, collards, slaw, and corn bread. And Mema even sent pieces of her and Grandpa's birthday cakes. They were very tasty!
Congrats to Mom on her one year anniversary! On July 18, 2008 she had her lumpectomy and she's been cancer free ever since. I hope we celebrate many many more anniversaries!
No comments:
Post a Comment