Saturday, November 10, 2007

September 25, 2007

Well, I finally did get rid of my cold for all of you who might have been wondering about that. But this morning I woke up with a sty in my eye. Dunno which is worse, a cold or a sty, but at least I can breathe with the sty.

Not much has gone on in the great month of September. Jamie and I enjoyed a very lazy Labor Day. It was nice to have a holiday during my sick time for more lounging in the recliner.

We're gearing up to have my mom and aunt over in a couple of weeks for going to the races at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte. I hope the races are spectacular. It would be the most awesome thing ever if Junior won.

Jamie just built a new computer yesterday. It's up and running a-ok today. I really like Windows Vista. It's very pretty and has all sorts of nifty thingies here and there. Currently Jamie has widgets (little side thingies that are neat) on the right side of the screen. One is a calendar, one shows what the weather is like in town, and one scrolls through pictures in the picture folder. Right now the pictures are just of the sample images that came pre-installed with Vista, but they're all gorgeous!

This weekend I have a rehearsal and a recording session with the orchestra and choir who are performing for the MMF's next CD, a CD of Moravian Christmas music. Moravians are known for how they celebrate Christmas and every so many months I always talk to someone on the phone who wants to know if we have a CD of Moravian Christmas music. We will this Christmas!! And, my name will be listed in the violin section of the liner notes! YAY!

The weather has improved greatly over the past couple of weeks, though it has been in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees for the past few days. The air isn't so hot anymore, just the sun. The mornings and nights have cooled down considerably. I'm hoping for sweater weather soon.

Tomato plant update: There are quite a few green tomatoes on the vine. I even plucked a little red tomato yesterday afternoon and ate it on a sandwich with a fried egg and a slice of cheddar. There's one more little red tomato still left. I don't know if the other greenies will ripen anytime soon. The poor plant got too big for itself and started falling over on itself. Next year I'll have to be vigilant about tying up any branches that look like they'll fall over and bend.

Oh, and if anybody is looking for someone to design a very simple website for a business or for personal reasons, I've recently become a Dreamweaver addict. I looooove designing small websites. I can't do overly fancy stuff, but if you're in need of a "first website" I can certainly help out. And, I'm cheap! :)


No comments: