Ugh. There's not much worse than a summer time head cold. It's hot and miserable outside (though finally the temperature has dropped to the high 80s from the low 100s) and I feel absolutely wretched.
It all started Tuesday morning when I woke up feeling a funny tickle in my throat. There was really no build up to the feeling bad, no little warning headache or anything. In the hour between getting up and sitting down at my desk on Tuesday morning I felt horrible. Needless to say I called in sick on Wednesday morning, and I left work around 2:45pm on Thursday.
Last night around 9:30pm, I climbed in bed to burrow under blankets (I was cold...in August...when it's been 90+ for the past 4 weeks) and mindlessly watch tv. Jamie came up an hour or so later and took my blankets away from me! He said I was too hot and needed to cool down. I was cooooold! Meh. I did have a teeny fever of about 99, but that's more than just a .3 degree fever for me. I'm like my grandpa in that my normal temperature is usually less than 98.7 degrees.
I did stay at work all day today, but didn't scoff in the least bit when the boss lady said I could go anytime I wanted to (it was 4:15pm at the time). I finished up my work on the website and scooted home to dope myself up on more Sudafed.
I've probably had seven doses of Sudafed (the real stuff...the stuff you have to go up to the pharmacy counter and sign for) and I can't tell a difference yet. And for the past two days I've had awful cases of the sneezes.....
Anyway, at least I have a three day weekend over which to recouperate. Was I the only one who didn't realize Monday was a holiday until Tuesday of this week? We didn't make any plans, but that's probably a good thing since I'm sick. If I'm better by Monday and if the weather is pleasant, a trip to the zoo would be a lot of fun.
Well, the right side of my nose is completely stopped up yet I can feel the snot starting to trickle towards my nostril in a fruitless bid for freedom. Best go lay/sit somewhere to get the stuff to slide over to my left sinus. Meh.
Oh, by the way, Jamie and I now have a lovely black and white poster of the Eiffel Tower (how romantic!) in a black frame on the wall over the yellow chair in our bedroom. I should take a picture sometime. And, I should also take a picture of the Nascar wall going up the staircase. Hehe. I'm such a lil redneck!
No comments:
Post a Comment